|Loud Paradigm Shift Rumblings||05.22.09|
Many Global Changes Point to a Major Realignment of Economic PowerJim Willie CB
An historically unprecedented mess has been created by compromised central bankers and inept economic advisors, whose interference has irreversibly altered and damaged the world financial system, urgently pushed after the removed anchor of money to gold. Analysis features Gold, Crude Oil, US dollar, Treasury bonds, and inter-market dynamics with the US Economy and US Federal Reserve monetary policy.
Use this link to subscribe to the paid research reports, which include coverage of several smallcap companies positioned to rise during the ongoing panicky attempt to sustain an unsustainable system burdened by numerous imbalances aggravated by global village forces.
Numerous events have taken place of global importance. Alone, each story seems of some significance. Together, they paint a mosaic of extreme change in a very dangerous sequence of events that fit together. The greater aggregate story is that a tremendous paradigm shift is underway, with early steps and major moves by global players in clear view. The Western analysts and pundits and mavens are missing it.
A paradigm shift has begun, with banking power shifting to the creditor nations as the US dollar is supplanted, made possible by several new institutional pillars as well as newly forged alliances. The consequences are significant and will change the face of global banking and commerce. The Hat Trick Letter has described the various steps and their importance all along the way. Much more detail is provided for each major point to follow in the HTLetter reports. Some in the US and England believe that a return to normalcy comes. They are wrong by 180 degrees. The G20 Meeting of finance ministers and heads of state was the warning. The message from that meeting in London has been long forgotten, a call made in my public article immediately after its conclusion. This article provides an outline of events that have occurred only in the last few weeks, as the pace is accelerating for transformation that begins at the foundation. Piece it all together, use some mental power, sprinkle with only a little imagination, connect some dots easily, and take a look at the global picture that is emerging. Yesterday came the crowning blow, as the United Arab Emirates rejected the Saudis in the Gulf monetary union. My belief is that the rising power in the UAE wants Russia instead of the Saudis, who are tied at the US hip.
EVENTS STEEPED IN SYSTEMIC CHANGE
Numerous events mark major milestones. They should be viewed in aggregate. The major media networks have no vested interest in enabling more than trivial perceptions toward each story. Paradigm Shifts are magnificent processes, not easily made possible, which require great and steady powerful forces behind them. Cooperation must be present from most global players of importance. Here is a list of events. To be honest, if after reading them in entirety, a deep sense of tectonic changes is not sensed, then at best a sleepy state prevails in the cerebrum and at worst a compromised state dominates.
1) The US-UK banking systems are shattered by deep bond asset losses, shrouded in fraud, deep with leverage, teeming with collusion, which renders them as insolvent and in need of transfusions. The reality is that Wall Street firms remain in control of the US Government financial operations despite their responsibility for both the collapse and clear legal violations. The US dollar image is badly tarnished.
2) Incredible volumes of money have been committed by the US Federal Reserve and the US government, much already delivered, with staggering future rescues, bailouts, and stimulus packages assured. The sums total $12.8 trillion at last count. The undermining of, if not debauchery to, the US dollar and its vehicle the US Treasury Bond is vividly clear, a palpable threat to foreign creditors.
3) Foreigners have begun to worry openly about the onset of profound price inflation. What normally had been less than 4% in excess bank reserves is now 92%. US banks will channel the bulk of their excess reserves into loans and investments, when considered safe. The baseless 'All Clear' signal can be witnessed, orchestrated and phony. For political and credit-market reasons, do not expect any noticeable central bank drain. Price inflation awaits the landscape on a path of least resistance. The US Treasury Bond yield would rise, and lose colossal sums of money for foreign bondholders.
4) Foreign creditors have owned over half the US-dollar-based government and mortgage agency bonds for almost a decade. With the dependence upon foreign institutions (central banks and sovereign wealth funds), the US has quietly lost control of its fate. The US can no longer make decisions without consulting major creditors.
5) The US Military has tacitly been supporting the value of the US dollar. By pressuring the Saudis on a regular basis, they have maintained the Petro-Dollar standard without a peep of objection for a few decades. When South Korea expressed interest in diversifying out of US Treasury Bonds a few years ago, suddenly some US naval exercises occurred off their coast. The pattern is clear to foreigners.
6) Some recognition has come that the aggressive US Military of recent years depends heavily upon US Treasury Bond sales in order to continue their adventures. As long as the US dollar is pre-eminent, the US Military will continue to play in neighbor's back yards doing whatever.
7) The Chinese have been taking numerous steps to establish the yuan currency more as a global currency for international commerce. The more important step has been to set up numerous yuan-swap facilities across the globe, the latest being in Argentina and Brazil. Others are across Europe and Asia. Such facilities make easier trade in high volumes, without need for settlement in US dollar denomination, as has been the custom for a few decades.
8) The Chinese have begun to switch from a US dollar basis to a yuan basis in their banking system domestically. They also have given a giant assist to the new emergency fund for the extended ASEAN group of SouthEast nations. My belief is that the fund, based in yuan currency, will morph into a regional development fund. Conversation already has led in that direction.
9) The Chinese gave authorization to two banks outside the Middle Kingdom proper to sell yuan-based government bonds. The HSBC (based in London) and Bank of East Asia (based in Hong Kong) have been given permission to do so, with details to follow. More broad-based formal trading of Chinese Government bonds is coming soon to a nation near you.
10) Watch their moves toward creation of the Chinese yuan as a global reserve currency. Watch their simultaneous moves away from the US dollar and toward gold for reserves management. The merger of the two important strategic initiatives is a gold-backed yuan currency. In fact, that is precisely what was stated openly by Zheng Lianghao, managing director of the World Gold Council's Far East division. That news came out this week. The Chinese are clearly the spearhead to dethrone the US dollar as global reserve currency.
11) Numerous nations have stated publicly that they regard the US dollar as inadequate and unqualified to serve any longer as the sole global reserve currency. The isolated revolt has turned into a uniformly global revolt. They are blaming the US dollar for their internal crises.
12) Russia demanded an alternative to the US dollar before the G20 Meeting in London, at the G20, and after the G20. Russia and China endorsed the IMF plan to create a basket currency as a global reserve alternative. My personal view is that the concept was and is a Straw Man device that will pave the way to a new global reserve currency, or set of currencies later. The motive was to direct attention away from the US dollar, and heap some disgrace at it.
13) The Arabs have been planning for over two years an asset-backed new currency for the Gulf region. New crude oil purchases would ostensibly be conducted in the new dinar denomination, bringing an end to the Petro-Dollar standard. In early May, the decision was made to locate their new central bank in Riyadh. Now the exit from the monetary union by the United Arab Emirates signals something bigger. My belief is that the UAE rejected the Saudis due to tight US government bedfellow relations. The UAE will next court a grandiose accord with Russia. The new alliance will incorporate a new currency, new pledges of security protection, and a coordination of creditor actions. The Creditor Nations will soon tighten the noose around the necks of Debtor Nations, and force a global banking shift of power. It will be astonishing in its effect.
14) The Germans have demanded all of their gold held in custodial accounts inside the United States to be returned to German soil. The story is not public, but details have come to me from a private source close to the action. The Germans have also given counsel for Dubai to demand all of their gold held in custodial accounts inside London to be returned to Dubai, where a new gold trading center will spring up. In my view, THIS IS THE BIGGEST NEWS FOR GOLD THIS ENTIRE YEAR. The hidden arch-enemy for the US-UK on all matters pertaining to gold bullion is Germany. This is not a well-known concept. Insults were hurled at the US delegation during the London G20 by their ministers. Germany is also advising the Chinese on currency and gold matters. Can one detect some coordination?
15) Venezuela has followed the Chinese and Russian pattern to lock up the majority of domestic gold mining output. They will keep most gold output in domestic hands, primarily with the government, which will have first crack at buying it.
16) A near default was averted at the Eleventh Hour when Deutsche Bank found almost a million ounces of gold to cover its (naked) short in gold futures at the COMEX (Commodity Exchange, Inc., a division of The New York Mercantile Exchange) at the end of March. Thanks to the Euro Central Bank, which happened to sell over a million ounces for some reason. My conjecture is that the Germans decided the time was not right to bust the COMEX. From sources, that date might be this September in a coordinated attack that requires preparations to remove the levers and kick out the pillars that support the COMEX.
17) Germany has been the broker in creating a Russian-German barter deal involving billions of dollars in trade between the two nations. Credits will be gained from delivery of a raft of commodities, led by energy products from Russia. In turn, Russia will receive finished products, equipment, and consumer staples. Germany has been the broker in a similar barter accord between Russia and China under similar terms. These barter deals will create entire systems that bypass the US-dollar-denominated trade settlement.
18) The Chinese announced an increase in their gold reserves from 400 tonnes to 1050 tonnes in the last five years. At the same time, they have been harping on the extreme risk to their $2000 billion in savings, held in US Treasury Bonds, US Agency Mortgage Bonds, and US Corporate Bonds. They openly complain about US dollar mismanagement, unbridled US government spending (for numerous crisis projects), and the resulting risk to the US dollar exchange rate. They have engaged a war of words, precursor to trade war, with USDept Treasury officials, one that has lasted for at least two years. The Chinese have openly talked about a covert US Treasury Bond default, which is a very serious accusation to make.
19) The Chinese Business News (CBN) has made several queries with the GATA group, the US-based outfit challenging the US government on the legitimacy of the US dollar on a Constitutional basis, and challenging the US government on its illegal naked shorting of gold futures contracts in a long-running gold-price-suppression scheme. The Chinese might be building a weapon to challenge the US dollar's legitimacy, in response to stupid currency manipulation charges lodged by the hack US government bureaucrats in high offices.
20) Either lawsuits or Congressional Bills have begun against the US Federal Reserve to force a formal accounting of their balance sheet, and of the gold contents at Fort Knox. A surprise would await them, to learn no gold exists at Fort Knox. Another lawsuit has begun to force the US Federal Reserve to reveal the spending of the T.A.R.P. funds. Foreigners must watch the Wall Street syndicate with some degree of disgust. Watch the Supreme Court enter the picture.
21) Meanwhile, the big US banks are maneuvering themselves to return T.A.R.P. funds when their insolvency is obvious, their balance sheet accounting is phony, and numerous events have begun or are planned to raise equity capital. They are rectifying their capital inadequacy and vanished loan loss reserves. The real reason they plan to return US government funds is to put an end to the extreme risk of underlings at the US Treasury Department, Congressional Budget Office, Government Accountability Office, and various Congressional Banking Committees who have had access to records, the paper trails. Eight months have passed since TARP funds were injected into big banks, giving way too many eyes too much access. The situation is not manageable, an unexpected grand intrusion after fund confiscation. The financial (crime) syndicate must be protected. Quite a contrast event, in view of foreign actions listed above.
PARADIGM SHIFT STATED PLAINLY
The Chinese strategy remains hidden: to execute a grand paradigm shift that will take tacit control of the United States, which is now in disarray. US leadership is too busy being co-opted by the Wall Street banksters. The objective by Beijing leaders is to avoid violence and military actions altogether. Sun Tzu would be proud. Beijing is gradually subjugating the US government as a vassal in debt, the risk to the US being a transition toward servitude to their credit master. We are in the midst of an historical global paradigm shift, to date a quiet process. Power is shifting from Washington, D.C. and New York City and London directly to Beijing.
The United States has little choice but to acquiesce and comply with Beijing wishes. The insolvent indebted nation with little industry left and a destroyed banking system can endure the shameful process of bankruptcy receivership, forced by the creditors, or the nation can permit a 'New Alliance' with China that involves obedient hidden directives. The US possesses a powerful defense-contractor industry, half the world's agricultural output, and many spectacular locations for residence. The practical consequence of the US 'listening' to Beijing wishes on a regular basis will be for the European Union to be pushed into a 'New Alliance' with Russia. Such a deal is practical, due to distances and supply lines. The United Kingdom is in all likelihood to be left out in the cold.
Return to 5W